2012年9月10日星期一

For $45, the Tom Ford Beauty Ultra Shine Lip Gloss

For $45, the Tom Ford Beauty Ultra Shine Lip Gloss in Gold Dust Should Be Worth Its Weight in Gold

Advertisement



tom ford beauty gold dust ultra shine lip gloss

If I were a beauty pirate sailing the seven seas in search of pricey golden makeup booty, I’d say, “Aye, matey,Cheap Jerseys!” to Tom Ford’s Ultra Shine Lip Gloss in Gold Dust ($45). If I were an ancient Egyptian princess with the ability to time travel, I’d visit a Neimans in 2012 and return to the past with a tube to store in my sacred pyramid. It would go in a special burial chamber reserved for shimmery, sheer, high-end golden glosses, which would be next door to the chamber reserved for Tabs, because I know he’d insist on being buried as close as possible to the really, really expensive stuff. After all, he is a cat with a taste for the “finer things” (his words).

But if I were almost anyone else … I’d have serious reservations about this warm and shimmery golden lippie, the sole lip product in the new 13-piece limited edition Tom Ford Beauty collection for spring 2012.

Truth be told, the words “Lip Lacquer” on the tube initially confused me. I expected the product itself to be more intense, with bigger shine! — and the wherewithal to last from at least breakfast till lunch (something akin to a MAC Pro Longwear Lipglass).

Instead,Coach Factory Outlet Store Online, Gold Dust is a breathy, barely-there whisper of shimmer and color that gives up after about 90 minutes on my lips.

Super sheer color and a limited wear time for almost $50?

Hmm…

Tom Ford Beauty Ultra Shine Lip Gloss in Gold Dust
  • Texture: A middleweight with a smooth, non-sticky texture.
  • Packaging: The long tube, with its angled plastic applicator, is practical,Cheap NFL Jerseys, I guess, but I would have liked something fancier, considering the price.
  • Flavor and scent: My nose picks up a faint brown sugar flavor and scent (yum,Makeup and Beauty Blog Monday Poll, September 1!)
  • Wear time: Not great. I get between 60-90 minutes.
  • Finish: Very soft, like a powder puff lens.

tom ford beauty gold dust ultra shine lip gloss

tom ford gold dust ultra shine lip gloss
Clockwise from the golden pot on the left: Cream Color for Eyes in Guilt ($35), Ultra Shine Lip Gloss in Gold Dust ($45) and Cream Color for Eyes in Illicit ($35)

tom ford spring 2012 swatches
Swatches from the left: Cream Color for Eyes in Illicit, Cream Color for Eyes in Guilt and Ultra Shine Lip Gloss in Gold Dust

I do think it’s lovely in its own quiet way, but it’s also $45. At the least, I’d hoped for a more luxurious, intense version of MAC Oh Baby Lipglass.

For $14.50, or maybe even $20, I’d probably feel a lot better about Gold Dust, but with the price, sheer pigment and limited wear time, I expect many makeup lovers will keep it at arm’s length.

If,coach outlet online, on the other hand, you’re comfortable with the price and wear smokey eyes often, Gold Dust could be great everyday shade to bring some balance to bold eye looks.

PRICE: $45
AVAILABILITY: Available now online and at Neiman Marcus and Saks Fifth Avenue stores
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: B- (pretty, but also pricey,Coach Factory Outlet,MAC Make-Up Art Cosmetics Face of the Day with the Notoriety Quad, and not particularly unique)

What was for lunch?

Probably TMI, but I’m PMSing like WHOA right now, and I’ve been hell bent on eating everything that crosses my path. My tummy’s actually rumbling as I type out this sentence…

I’d cut a b*tch for a basket of fries right now, but I’m trying to eat healthy, so I’ll probably opt for soup and salad instead.

What did you have for lunch today? Feel free to describe it in incredible detail. :)

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen

Related articles:

没有评论:

发表评论