2012年8月23日星期四

MAC Lipglass in Russian Red- A Bold Lip Look

MAC Lipglass in Russian Red: A Bold Lip Look

Advertisement



mac Cosmetics russian red lipglass

Dang, that’s red…

And sheer?

No, not sheer.

Subtle?

No, not subtle.

Bold, bright and sexy?

Hell, yeah!

There are things in life that every girl should try at least once. Make one of those things MAC Russian Red Lipglass ($14). Nothing says “I kick booty” like entering a room with knock-out red lips does. Russian Red’s blue-based (blue undertones) lipgloss brings your lips to full attention, soldier! To work it well, you’ll also need…

  1. Confidence. Russian Red’s shine and bold color aren’t for the faint of heart. People WILL stare. Revel in the attention!
  2. Lipliner, and a healthy dose of patience to apply. Vivid colors like Russian Red make it easy to spot uneven lipliner and lipgloss application, so take your time. To achieve a crisp, defined red lip, I first line my lips with MAC Red Enriched Cremestick liner, taking special care to balance the left and right sides. With a crisp lip line in place, I slowly apply two coats of Russian Red inside the lines. Why two coats? Because if you’re gonna go red, you may as well go big.
  3. Maintenance. I’ve found that Russian Red requires tender love and care. Wearing it, I have to check on my lips constantly because, seriously, it gets all over the place. One windy day, while wearing Russian Red gloss, some of my hair got stuck in the gloss. I haphazardly pulled free the strands of hair and tucked them behind my ear. I didn’t realize until half an hour later that it had left faint red streaks of gloss on my cheek. Lovely.

    Another time, I accidentally dribbled a few drops of coffee down my chin. When I went to clean up with a napkin I momentarily forgot that I was wearing Russian Red. One quick swipe later … yup, crazy clown lips.


MAC Russian Red lipglass

Russian Red is not a swipe-and-go color, but it can be well worth the time and care it takes to apply. It literally screams “Come hither, hotties, and I will eat thee for lunch!”

Wearing it, I feel like a different person — more daring, sexy and sophisticated. It’s not something I would wear every day, and I know it might be too loud for some, but I’ve seen it worn by many different women, and the color always looks great.

Give it a closer look the next time you hit the MAC counter or visit maccosmetics.com.

Happy, happy Friday, ladies! Are you ready for the weekend? Goodness, I sure am. It’s sunny and nice here today, so after I finish my chores I think I’ll cruise around my ‘hood to take some pictures. Last week I stumbled upon a small wooden dock a few minutes from here where I could see views of San Francisco across the water! Very pretty. Sitting on the dock of the bay… watching the tide roll away… :)

I hope you’re having a wonderful day.

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen

For more fun makeup reviews like this one, sign up to receive my updates by email. :)

Related articles:

没有评论:

发表评论