2012年5月12日星期六

Diane Von Furstenberg mixes colors, shapes for spr

Diane Von Furstenberg’s handbag lines tend to be very taste-specific, which is something I can appreciate, even if it means I don’t love every handbag that the company produces. Many contemporary lines choose to err on the side of blandness in order to appeal to a broader audience and grow their business, but since DVF is already an extremely well-known label, it can produce risker options like the Diane Von Furstenberg Harper Cube Day bag.

Going with more than one leather color in a single bag is always a bit of a risk, and doing so in bold geometric patterns is even more so. White and tan aren’t necessarily the colors I would have picked for my ideal version of this bag, but I think I like where this design is headed. Sure, it’s a little busy, but it kind of works.

Diane Von Furstenberg mixes colors, shapes for spring Diane Von Furstenberg Harper Cube Day Bag

The bold pattern is helped by the traditional shape, which doesn’t give it any structural tricks with which to compete. The large front clasp and inset details on the chain handle have been a bit controversial when I’ve written about Harper bags in the past, but I still like the little touches that they add to what might be a forgettable bag otherwise. Of course, it’s hardly forgettable in this particular color option, and depending on your personal taste, that might be a good thing or a bad thing. Buy through Bergdorf Goodman for $675.

没有评论:

发表评论