2012年5月12日星期六

Diversify your Feet

I know it's poor form of me to hulk my suitcase and me all the way to Paris only to go and blog about British designers who I could well and easily see back in London but in the case of running around showrooms in between shoes, with everything concentrated in the Marais, it's kind of hard to fall into a pace of popping your head in and around random galleries and seeing who/what is there.  I have got a MULTITUDE of things to post about that aren't Brit-related but for now I leave you with a bit of a shoe fest that I HAD to immediately unload off my heaving memory card...

Nicholas Kirkwood's rise is no surprise to anyone really who knows a good shoe.  Not just a good shoe but a stupendously well crafted, beautiful object of a shoe that most women might physically drool over (and maybe a few men too).  After a few seasons of establishing certain Kirkwood-isms... the raised cut-away platform, the heel that is supported with an angled block, the cut-outs, the contrast of materials..etc etc etc I could go on, for S/S 10, Kirkwood has somewhat diversified and is brave enough to go beyond his signature and so the platform isn't there in all instances, the colours are far broader, the colour/material contrasts are more daring and there is a wider range of flats.  All of this is tenuously and carefully balanced with the Kirkwood's signature so that you can still look at it and call it a Nicholas Kirkwood shoe.

Oh, and if you're not really bothered reading the above blathering babble, a quick scroll through the pics will tell you that S/S10 calls for COLOURFUL shoes... my mind is already ticking forward and I'm manically calculating what portion of my wages needs to be spent to make the feet happy...

IMG_4410

I give you this print... abstracted from light shining through leaves and most definitely jumped out at me...

IMG_4394
IMG_4383 IMG_4393

I give you another print... part animal, part wind swept brushstrokes...

IMG_4403

I give you flats galore... brogues that from this angle look like most other brogues but the heel itself is kind of like a really flat pentagon/hexagon shape that gives a bit of lift.. I love the blue flocked ones on the right...

IMG_4382
IMG_4386

I give you these sandals in these unabashedly girly colours that basically sum up my summer of 2010 (I don't know why I've got it worked out already but there you go... summer 2010 is going to be a hot pink fest...actually everyday is a hot pink fest for me...)...

IMG_4387

They come in black and taupe too...

IMG_4405

I give you lots and lots of COLOURS... there's a sense that Kirkwood has really gone and PLAYED with his shoes this season...

IMG_4397 IMG_4398

IMG_4409 IMG_4404

I give you the shoe that most probably will be snapped by Jak and Jil and thus result with forty "I die!" comments... 

IMG_4390

I give you the experimentations with texture... like this layering of distressed fabrics in a portion of the shoe and the burnished copper/lilac leather...

IMG_4396
IMG_4412

Then finally I give you some classic Kirkwood muted shoes where the heel has also been made a bit chunkier and straight for daywear purposes...

IMG_4384
IMG_4401

Of course, impractical me is going to be making a beeline for that print and those fuschia sandals as I'm hell bent on inappropriately clashing some bright colours with mis matching knee high socks, hoiking round a bejangled backpack (I have Louis Vuitton's jingle jangle slouchy bags and Louise Gray's charmed backpack in mind here... yes, that's an official statement, I officially am PONDERING the possibility of buying Louis Vuitton...) and generally looking a bit deranged...

没有评论:

发表评论